
The Accord Party has condemned a fresh attack on Imole House, the campaign office and party secretariat linked to Ademola Adeleke, describing the incident as a dangerous escalation of political violence ahead of the August 15, 2026 governorship election in Osun State.
The attack, which occurred on Sunday night in Osogbo, was said to be the second assault on the facility within two weeks.
According to the party, armed thugs invaded the premises and fired sporadically at the building, damaging glass windows and several offices, including that of the Accord State Chairman, Victor Akande.
A message reportedly inscribed on one of the walls of the building, “Say No to automatic ticket,” was also discovered after the attack, raising concerns over growing political tension in the state.
The party further alleged that the same group of thugs had earlier destroyed campaign billboards belonging to Accord and the Imole Campaign Council, vandalised public property, and allegedly killed the son of the party’s women leader in Irewole Local Government Area.
In a statement issued by the National Chairman of Accord, Maxwell Mgbuden, the party accused unnamed opposition politicians of sponsoring the attacks in a bid to destabilise the state before the governorship election.
Mgbuden said security agencies had been alerted to alleged plots by desperate political actors to unleash violence in the state, expressing disappointment that the latest attack still occurred.
“The party is shocked that the attacks happened under their watch,” the statement read.
The party called on the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services to immediately investigate the incident, arrest those responsible and ensure adequate security around Imole House and other strategic locations across the state.
Accord maintained that politics should remain “a contest of ideas, not violence,” while condemning what it described as “garrison politics” and acts of intimidation allegedly targeted at supporters of Governor Adeleke.
The party also expressed confidence in Adeleke’s chances of securing a second term, insisting that residents of Osun State remain committed to continuity and development under his administration.







![[BREAKING] Banditry: DSS summons Sheikh Gumi](https://nelsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/3-26-400x300.jpg)










Comments