Ondo State Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa has denied any involvement in the violent disruption that marred the All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholders’ meeting in Akure on Tuesday.
Eyewitnesses said hoodlums, allegedly members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), stormed the state party secretariat, leaving party chairman Ade Adetimehin and other officials injured. The victims, currently receiving medical attention, accused the governor of sponsoring the attack to disrupt the meeting.
Addressing reporters, Aiyedatiwa clarified that the scheduled 10 a.m. meeting was never formally agreed upon and had been moved to 2 p.m. to accommodate top officials, including the Speaker and Deputy Governor. He stressed that the violence stemmed from factional disputes over candidacy rather than any official party agenda.
“Normally, stakeholders’ meetings are attended by myself, the Speaker, and the Deputy Governor. This was an impromptu meeting due to ongoing congresses at ward and local government levels,” he said.
The governor added that upon learning of the chaos, he immediately contacted the Commissioner of Police to ensure security was deployed, emphasizing his commitment to due process and peaceful party activities.
This incident highlights growing tensions within the APC Ondo chapter ahead of upcoming local congresses


















Comments