Cooking gas explosion: 4-year-old girl, 3 others in Lagos hospital


Medical personnel attached to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, are battling to save a four-year-old girl, Faridat Shittu, who is in critical condition after a cooking gas explosion ravaged their residence at 1, Odubanwo Street, off Olaniyi Street, Gbinrinmi in Ojokoro LCDA, Lagos.

It was learned that Faridat’s grandfather, grandmother her uncle also suffered burns in the incident that occurred on Sunday.

Narrating what happened, one of the victims, Faridat’s grandmother, who is currently in severe pain in hospital said she was frying meat and suddenly the oil caught flame and efforts to control it got beyond their capacity, which led to an explosion of the cooking gas.

“The little girl of four years, Faridat Shittu was sleeping in the room when the incident happened about 2p.m., but was rescued by community members and other injured victims.

The 14-room building, including shops was burnt down due to the intensity of the explosion, thereby rendering 11 families homeless.

Mike Ojo

Hard times over soon – Remi Tinubu tells Nigerians

Previous article

AFCON: Osimhen doubtful for South Africa clash

Next article

You may also like


Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

More in News