The Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service can authoritatively report that danger had been completely averted at the Ikeja Gas Leakage.
The incident which was reported at 07:14 hours Wednesday to have occurred in front of Awolowo House, Awolowo Way, inward Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja saw deployment of Alausa Fire Crew to douse the gas fumes.
On arrival at the scene, it was discovered that a gas pipeline belonging to Gaslink was accidentally punctured and started gushing out. In a bid to forestall any secondary incident, the fumes emanating from the gas leakage was blanketed with Chemical Foam Compound. Just as the area was swiftly cordon off and traffic diverted while inhabitants were sensitized not to make naked fire.
The situation has been brought under control as the gas pipeline has been depressurized and maintenance of the damaged section is ongoing.
This is to confirm that no casually was recorded and the environs is back to normalcy as the roads are now open to regular traffic movement. Lagosians can now go about their legitimate businesses without any fear of unforeseen circumstances.