Graphic Design and Communications Internship
ThinkWell is a growing health system development organization. We use tailored health financing approaches to help low- and middle-income countries achieve universal health coverage. We believe that effective health financing systems are essential to ensuring health services are well resourced, high quality, and accessible, and do not cause financial impoverishment to those who use them. We also believe that health financing can serve as a crucial lever to improve overall health systems performance.
ThinkWell employs a “whole-of-systems” approach to health financing. We specialize in five practice areas that intersect with health financing: governance, human resources for health, the private sector, public financial management, and research and evaluation.
About the internship
ThinkWell seeks a design intern to join the Communications and Knowledge Management team and closely collaborate with our Graphic Designer. The intern will have the opportunity to work with renowned international health economists to visually synthesise research into designed products that directly impact communities around the world. This position is purposely built to be moulded by whoever fills it so that they can take away vital skills and knowledge to create effective, beautiful, and creative products in a highly technical industry.
This internship is based remotely in the United States and will report directly to the Director of Communications.
- Collaborate with project teams to format and design deliverables such as research reports, policy briefs, slide decks, posters, and fact sheets.
- Make sure all products adhere to ThinkWell’s brand guidelines.
- Design social media graphics for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Assemble and design an engaging internal newsletter that covers organizational news and relevant health industry current events.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to brainstorm and develop inventive ways to visualize data.
- Assist in creating graphics for campaigns for international holidays, webinars, and fundraising efforts, primarily for the ThinkWell Institute.
Compensation and Length of Internship
- Interns are not employees and do not receive employment benefits.
- Interns are paid an hourly stipend of $15.00.
- This Internship will be for a period of 3 months, which can be extended up to six (6) months.
- Interest in graphic design and communications (design major preferred).
- A thorough understanding of the design process.
- Experience working with a team of diverse professional backgrounds.
- Ability to synthesize dense and lengthy research and data.
- Ability to learn quickly and ask questions as they come.
- Comfortable with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Microsoft Suite.
- Plus: Experience with Mailchimp, web design, QGIS, Tableau, animation + video editing, data visualization.
- Plus: Experience in health economics.
Awarding academic credit for an internship is at the discretion of your college or university. We are happy to assist you with providing appropriate information at your school’s request. Interns are responsible for making all arrangements for earning credit prior to the commencement of their internship.
Applicants should provide their CV and a summary about why they’re interested in the internship, why they’re qualified, and what they would like to achieve through the position. The summary should be no longer than 500 words.
To apply for this job please visit startup.jobs.